Friday, July 17, 2009

Chapter Four - New Side

I woke up the next morning the sound of the ring tone on my cell phone.

But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain
And it's 2am and I'm cursing your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you
Breakin' down and coming undone
It's a roller coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you


My favorite Taylor Swift song filled the room but right now I couldn’t hate it more. I rolled over too look at the alarm clock next to my bed which said it was 6:30am. 6:30am?!? Who on earth is calling me so early? I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and answered it. The number was unknown but I was too tired to care.

“Hello?” I groggily questioned as I put the phone to my ear.

“Melissa! We made it!”

“Made what?” I angrily demanded. It was 6:30 in the morning and whoever this was, was bring really loud.

“Made it to the moon,” the girly voice sarcastically replied. Sarcasm doesn’t really register in my mind when I’m half asleep so I started squinting my eyes in confusion. “We got the part in the video, stupid.”

“What video?” Nothing was registering in my mind this morning.

“Miley’s music video! Are you hung over?”

“Who is this?” I asked ignoring her previous question.

“Christina! Who else would it be?” You could tell that she thinks I’m this stupidest person on earth right now. It’s not my fault it is 6:30 in the morning!

“Why are you calling me?” my voice overflowing with distaste. She was the last person I wanted to talk to this early. I just couldn’t get over the fact that I’m awake so early in the morning.

“Because we got the gig! Are you happy dancing?”

“Of course I’m not!” I exclaimed suddenly becoming mad. “It is 6:30! All I should be doing is sleeping.”

“No, all you should be doing is getting ready.”

“Ready for what?” anger was completely taking over my voice.

“Why are you so angry?”

“You! You don’t like me for some strange reason and you are waking me up at 6:30 to tell me something that you could very easily tell me in three more hours.”

“That’s a lie!”

“What is so urgent that you have to wake me up to tell me then?”

“Miley wants to treat all the dancers to breakfast at eight. Get up and get ready, I will be at your house at 7:30.” Christina dropped the excited act and actually sounded like the girl I met the day before. The line went dead without giving me a chance to say anything back.

Oh boy, breakfast with Miley. What a horrible start to what I thought was going to be a good day. I couldn’t imagine anything more awkward. I don’t get along with Christina, I don’t like Miley at all – at least from what I have heard about her – and I don’t even know anyone else that is going to be there.

Did Christina say she was going to pick me up? How does even know where I live? Is she just an ultimate stalker? I wouldn’t be surprised…

So, I pulled the covers off of my body and forced myself out of bed to go take a shower. I lost track of time and didn’t really know how long I had been in there but I was soon forced out by my favorite Taylor Swift song filling the bathroom.

“What now?” I huffed aloud and exited the shower and wrapping a towel around myself. Marching over to the other side of the bathroom where my ringing cell phone sat on the counter, I angrily mumbled to myself, no real words being created. Christina’s name was flashing on the screen for the second time today. “You have got to be kidding me.” After the phone call this morning I decided to program her number into my phone just incase something like that were to ever happen again. With a scold on my face, I reluctantly flipped my phone open. “Yes, princess?”

“You are finally learning how things work around here,” she replied in that smug voice of hers. I put the phone on speaker phone so I could put my hair up into a towel while still being able to hear her. But I wish I didn’t have to talk to her at all.

“What do you want?” I questioned angrily, flipping my head over to tie a towel around my still dripping hair.

“Sheesh! I’m going to be at your house in five minutes. I just wanted to give you a little heads up.” My head shot up faster than I thought was possible, the towel I had just put on my hair disconnecting itself from my head and falling to the ground in the process.

“Five minutes?!” I screamed in shock.

“Yeah, don’t tell me you fell back to sleep,” she accused me. Does she really think that little of me?

“I’m more responsible than that, thank you very much.”

“Then what’s the problem?”

“I just got out of the shower,” I muttered trying to make it so she couldn’t hear me. Of course I had no such luck.

“Are you kidding me?!” Christina yelled. I covered up the phone to muffle the frantic screams. She scares me so much. It was like a minute before I decided to uncover the phone again and she was still yelling. Now she was just overreacting.

“I have to go change now, bye,” I interrupted her rant and clicked my phone shut before giving her a chance to say anything back. Next thing I knew, my legs were sprinting down the hall and back into my room without my brain having knowledge of this action. I slipped into a pair of electric blue skinny jeans, a light gray tank top and a short sleeve piano print hoodie. As I ran down the stairs and out of the house I stepped into a pair of black Converse’s without tying the laces.

My feet stopped dead in their tracks as I gawked at a shiny, black limo parked in my driveway. There is no way that this girl is serious! We are just going to flipping breakfast.

“That is no acceptable,” Christina commented as she climbed out of the back of the limo. I’m surprised she even opened the door herself. She was dressed in a denim school girl style mini skirt and light green tank top with a pale yellow tube top over it. The green in her outfit really made her green eyes pop. I gave her a questioning look and before I could even ask what she was talking about, she answered it. “Your outfit, it won’t do. Let’s go back inside and I will pick out something better.”

I rolled my eyes, turned around to go back inside and silently cursed myself for having zero backbone. I walked back up to my room with Christina walking right on my heels. She rushed over to my closet the second we entered my room.

“I don’t see what is wrong with what I’m already wearing,” I told her as she rummaged through my – I must admit is on the larger side – closet.

“Nothing is really wrong with it in general,” she started and pulled out a couple of outfits and placed them on my bed. “It would be cute for just like school or going to the movies with friends, but it is definitely not breakfast with Miley Cyrus material.”

“Did you just somewhat compliment my outfit?” I asked, slightly awkward. I didn’t know it was possible for her to say something nice to me.

“Is that The Jonas Brothers all over your wall?” she questioned back ignoring my previous question. I turned to look in the direction that her sight was directed. Indeed, that wall was covered with Jonas Brothers posters. I was slightly embarrassed by my obsession with these three boys. I was made fun of for it quite frequently back home on the east coast but Annabelle and I stuck through it together. Maybe since I’m in LA now it will be different.

I nodded my head in response to her question and she just smiled genuinely. I didn’t like this nice side of her. First impressions mean a lot to me and she made a really bad one. I don’t really hate Christina; I just don’t like her very much.

“They are going to be at our breakfast today,” she commented and started looking through all the outfits she pulled out of my closet. My breath caught in my throat. Am I really going to meet them today? My heart started beating fast then it ever had before, including my first ever kiss. But that is a different story for a different time.

“Are you serious?” I asked trying to sound calm but it came out as an excited squeak.

“Yep, this is what happens when you get into show biz in LA. You get to meet people you never thought you would have,” she answered with a grin. “They are going to be part of Miley’s video and she is treating everyone to breakfast.” I started to bounce ever so slightly where I was standing as thrill started to take over my body. Of course Christina started to laugh at me but I didn’t mind much. “Now go put these on, it will look great on you.”

I floated out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom as if I were on cloud nine. I could barely even wrap my mind around the fact that I’m going to meet my three favorite guys in the world, behind my dad and Andrew of course. The outfit Christina picked out for me was actually pretty nice. It was a brown and white floral spaghetti strap sun dress with a light blue cropped, short sleeved cardigan over it. I completely forgot that I even had these clothes.

Once back in my room, Christina helped me with my make-up and it apparently made my eyes look “dazzling”. She also did my hair; half up-half down style in curls. According to her I was now Miley Cyrus appropriate and we left for breakfast a little on the late side. I couldn’t believe how nice Christina was being, it was a side of her that I had never seen before. It was a little too good to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment